SERGEJ V. IVANOV - HEAD OF THE SCIENTIFIC STRUCTURAL UNIT IN THE ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT
Scientific DegreesCandidate of History («Egides in Ancient Egyptian Cult Practice of XIV-IV BC», the IA RAS, 2005)
- Member of the CESRAS Archaeological Mission at Memphis;
- Member of the CESRAS Archaeological Survey and Conservation of the Theban Tomb 23;
- Member of the Russian Underwater Archaeological Mission to Alexandria;
- Member of the CESRAS Mission to Deir el-Banat (Fayoum);
- Member of the Russian-German Mission to the Royal Cache TT 320 (Luxor) (1998-2005);
- Member of the project «Databank of Eastern-European Egyptology»;
- Member of «Fine Conservation of Al-Mo'allaqa Church» project (2004-2008).
Honors and membership
- Member of the International Association of Egyptologists;
- Member of the European Association of Archaeologists;
- Member of the National Geographic Society.
PublicationsAuthor of more than 15 articles on history and culture of Ancient Egypt, including
- Forming Egyptian Collections in Russia // Belova G.A. (ed.) Return to Egypt. Pages of History of Russian Egyptology. – Moscow, 2009. – P. 34-51.
- Anthropomorphic figurines found at Kom Tuman (Memphis) // M. Barta, F. Coppens, J.Krejci (eds.): Abusir and Saqqara in the Year 2005. Prague, 2007, p. 32-41.
- Databank of Eastern European Egyptology: The Project and Its Prospects // Maravelia A.-A. Ancient Egypt and Antique Europe: Two Parts of the Mediterranean World. Papers from a session held at the European Association of Archaeologists 7th Annual Meeting in Esslingen 2001. Oxford, 2002. P. 79-81.
- The Inner Coffin of Nesj-Mwt from the Priestly Cache of Bab el-Gasus // Eldalmaty M., Trad M. (eds.) Egyptian Museum Collections around the World. Vol. 1. Cairo, 2002. P. 111-118. (together with G. Belova)
- The Aegis in Ancient Egyptian Art: Aspects of Interpretation // Hawass Z. (ed.) Egyptology at the Dawn of the Twenty-first Century. Proceedings of the 8th International Congress of Egyptologists. Cairo, 2000. Vol. 2. Cairo, 2003. P. 332-339.
- Ancient Egyptian Collections in Ukrainian Museums: The Case of B.I. and V.N. Khanenkos' Museum in Kiev // Maravelia A.-A. (ed.) Europe, Hellas and Egypt: Complementary antipodes during Late Antiquity. Papers from Session IV.3, held at the European Association of Archaeologists 8th Annual Meeting in Thessaloniki 2002. Oxford, 2004. P. 35-42.